Pages

Friday, October 24, 2014

Remix Friday: Circles Scarf

Happy Friday! How was your week? Mine was fantastic and I'm looking forward to a wonderful weekend. If you're looking for a way to spice up your projects on your days off, I'd advise you not to underestimate the power of embellishments. What are embellishments? Embellishments are small details that are added to a project to give them a nice finishing touch. A few examples of embellishments are buckles, appliques, beads, ribbon, fringe, pom poms, and buttons. Today's Remix Friday project shows how the right embellishment can really bring out the best in your work.

The Crocheter
[I'm] Kathleen Schorin. I live in Ann Arbor, MI with my husband. I have two college age kids attending the local University of Michigan right in town. I have been knitting and crocheting ever since I was about 8. I have a huge stash of yarn stored in at least 30 large, clear Rubbermaid bins in my basement. I love collecting yarn even though I have enough to last a lifetime! I like to make smaller projects...scarves, cowls, socks, hats and give them away as gifts. I don't have the patience to knit a sweater. I like to take a ball of yarn and turn it into something. Once I see how it turns out, I'm ready to move on to the next project.

The Original Pattern
Circles Scarf by Linda Permann

The Story
I first saw the pattern in a magazine, a crochet scarf designed with an interesting technique using self-striping Noro yarn.

The Remix
While I love Noro sock yarn, I didn't exactly like how it worked up in this pattern so I chose a solid color yarn in a heavier, sport weight...DROPS Alpaca. I also have a large button stash so I used different sized shell buttons to accent the bottom 6 rows on each end and was pretty happy with how it turned out. The buttons were purchased from the Button Lady, a wonderful eclectic antique store in Dixboro, MI. I mailed the gift off to a recently retired coworker hoping she will like it.





Crochet is... quick, creative, relaxing

I think those buttons bring so much fun and life to the scarf. Great color choice for the yarn, too. Thank you for sharing your project with us today, Kathleen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.